CryoSPARC v2.12+ offers UI-based user management tools to quickly create and change the roles of users in your instance. Additionally, it's possible for a user to reset their password with the help of an admin user, directly through the UI. To learn more about how to accomplish these tasks, read on.
Create users through the admin page in cryoSPARC interface
Manage existing users by promoting them to admin or converting admins to regular users
The reset password functionality allows users to request and set a new password without needing an administrator to use the command-line interface
Create a New User
1.Enter the user management page by clicking on your user name and selecting 'Admin' in the menu. You must be an admin user in order to access the user management section. When installing cryoSPARC, the first user that is created through the command-line interface is set as an admin.
2. Fill the 'Add a New User' form at the bottom of the table with the new user's email address and username, along with their first and last name.
3. The new user will be added to the table of users. In the 'Tokens' column, you can click the created user's 4-digit registration token and copy it to the clipboard, sending it to them (email, instant message, etc.)
4. Now that your new user has a registration token, they can click the 'New Account' link on the cryoSPARC login form and enter their email address, registration token and new password.
5. The new user will automatically be logged-in when they complete the account creation process.
Change a User's Role
1.Enter the user management page by clicking on your user name and selecting 'Admin' in the menu.
2. In the 'Role' column, click the role of a particular user and confirm you wish to change their status. Users who are not admin will be promoted to admin status and existing admin users will be converted into normal users.
Reset your Password
1.The user wishing to reset their password should select the 'Reset Password' link on the cryoSPARC login form and enter their email address ('I need a reset token' option selected).
2. An existing admin user can access the reset token via the user management page (click on your user name and select 'Admin' in the menu).
3. The 4-digit reset token should be sent to the user (clicking the token will copy it to the clipboard) and they can fill out the second form with their email address, reset token and new password.
4. The user will automatically be logged-in when they complete the password reset process.