Minimum system requirements
cryoSPARC requires, at minimum, a desktop workstation or rackmount server with:
- Quad-core or better Intel CPU
- 32GB+ CPU RAM
- NVIDIA GPU with Compute Capability 3.5+ and 8 GB+ GPU RAM
- 256GB+ SSD drive
- Linux OS (we recommend Ubuntu 16.04)
- NVIDIA Drivers and CUDA 6.5+. NOTE: CUDA 8 is required for newer GTX and TITAN GPUs.
For more information on system requirements, please visit this page.
- Working with large box sizes
- Recommended configurations for running cryoSPARC - scroll down to ‘Recommended configurations’ and view the hardware considerations
cryoSPARC uses the following file formats:
- One or more raw cryo-EM particle stacks in .mrc or .mrcs format
- One or more meta-data files in .star, .par, .txt or .emx formats, including contrast transfer function (CTF) values for each particle (defocus, astigmatism, phase shift)
- Imaging parameters for the dataset, including accelerating voltage, amplitude contrast, spherical aberration, pixel size